- 1 lb Gourmet Trading Company Green Asparagus cut on a bias cut into 2" pieces
- 5 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vadilia onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups aborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Warm the broth in a sauce pan over low heat.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add the broth, about ½ cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it is absorbed before adding more.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté the asparagus until bright green and slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the broth is completely absorbed in the risotto, add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parmesan. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe
Comments are closed.